What are JewelPops?
JewelPops are the small interchangeable inserts that can be popped in and out of the Kameleon Jewelry designs. The JewelPops come in a rainbow of colors and materials. Some are set with semi-precious stones, Swarovski Crystal, synthetic opals or sparkling cubics and sport outrageous names like "Mochalicious"(Brown Mabe Shell) and "Midnight at the Oasis" (Blue Sunstone), adding a real element of fun to the Collection.
How many JewelPops are available?
There are currently almost 500 designs of JewelPops available. Kameleon releases new JewelPops throughout the year.
How does the system work?
Changing a JewelPop insert is a simple and elegant process. Simply apply a little pressure while pushing down on the insert with your finger. You will hear a reassuring pop or click indicating the JewelPop is in position and secure. To remove and replace with a different insert merely push from behind with your finger or use the small plastic JewelCap that comes with each jewelry design and the JewelPop will pop out. It's that easy, very secure and no special tools are needed.
Do I need a special tool?
No you do not need a special tool to change JewelPops. Many People can use their finger it is that easy. Some may find using their finger difficult so we have provided a JewelCap with each piece.
What is a JewelCap?
JewelCaps are the small plastic tool that comes with each piece of Kameleon jewelry. They are shaped much like a JewelPop. Some people find it easier to use these than their fingers when changing out their JewelPops.
Can all the JewelPops be inserted into any piece of Kameleon Jewelry?
Yes the system has been designed so that you can wear any JewelPop with any piece of Kameleon Jewelry.
What does this mean? What are some of the advantages?
- Flexibility & Uniqueness - Our interchangeable JewelPop inserts are universal in size so the same JewelPop you wear in your ring today can be popped in your pendant tomorrow, your bracelet the day after ... Jewelry is no longer a static design, but a fluid piece that can be perpetually customized in an unlimited number of combinations.
- Fun - ‘JewelPoppers’ will find it hard to resist playing with their JewelPops and each one has a special name like ‘Mochalicious’ (Brown Mabe Pearl) or ‘Midnight at the Oasis (Blue Sunstone) adding a real element of fun to the Collection.
- Interchangeability - There are other interchangeable products on the market ,but none can match Kameleon’s ability to interchange across the entire spectrum of jewelry design – rings, earrings, pendants, bracelets, necklaces and pins!
- Traveling - Travel is now a breeze with our Kameleon Jewelry System. Grab our custom compact, KC1, that carries 14 JewelPops, a couple of your favorite Kameleon Jewelry pieces and you have all the jewelry you need to match every outfit in your suitcase.
- Color and Fashion - Kameleon is all about matching wardrobe and or mood with your jewelry. JewelPop interchangeable inserts are available in a rainbow of colors with new styles to be introduced twice a year. With our stylish designs it's never been easier to look great.
- Easy to Use - It’s as easy as 1,2,3 yet very secure. Just push down from the top to insert and gently push out from the back. Really, it’s that easy!!
Are the JewelPops Secure once they have been inserted into the Kameleon Jewelry piece?
Yes, the JewelPops once seated in the jewelry, are very secure. We have tested this product extensively for over two years and have never had a JewelPop accidentally fall out.
Is this magnetic?
No our system is not magnetic as magnetic systems have many disadvantages. Our system uses a rubber seal to secure the JewelPop.
Will the rubber seals ever wear out?
Eventually the rubber seals may wear out or become damaged through misuse. We have conducted over 50 separate tests on the seals. In all our testing each rubber seal continued to function after 5000 cycles. It is important to note, that even if the seals do wear out your JewelPop will not fall out nor is it broken. Simply replace the seal with a new one and you are good to go. Replacement seals are available from all Kameleon retailers or through the Kameleon website.
How much do Kameleon Jewelry pieces retail for?
Our finely crafted designs retail between $14.95 and $250
What about the JewelPops? How much do they cost?
The JewelPops retail for $25.00 to $79.00, depending on the setting and materials used.
What metals are used in the jewelry and JewelPops?
All Kameleon Jewelry designs are made of .925 sterling silver and have been finely crafted to accept your JewelPop inserts. The Jewel Pops are set with enamels and precious and synthetic stones.
How do I care for my jewelry and JewelPops?
As with all precious metal jewelry special care should be taken, so we have provided you with some easy to follow tips to maintain your jewelry in as-new condition.
- Store jewelry separately so it doesn't scratch other jewelry. Wrap each piece in fine fabric, or use a jewelry box with individual storage compartments. Semi-precious stones can scratch silver or pearls.
- When doing household tasks such as gardening and cleaning, be certain to remove rings.
- Put your jewelry on after washing and applying any makeup, cosmetics or hair spray.
- Take off your jewelry before cleaning or participating in athletic activities, especially while swimming in a swimming pool. The chlorine can cause damage to various gemstones and silver. Gemstones may become loose in their settings (and possibly fall out).
- Avoid storing your jewelry next to a heating vent, window sill or on a car dashboard. Sunlight can cause many colored gemstones to fade.
- Always be gentle with your jewelry. Never tug on gem settings or toss your pieces carelessly in a pile-you may loosen your gem settings, and your pieces may wind up nicked and scratched.
- Never use an ultra sonic cleaner (cleans by using sound waves) on your Kameleon Jewelry. This will strip off the protective coat that helps to keep it tarnish free. It is always preferable to buff clean with a silver polishing cloth.
Where do you ship Kameleon?
Currently, Kameleon Jewelry Inc. is shipping to Canada and the USA. All shipping rates can be viewed here.
What currency is used on your website?
All priced listed on www.kameleonjewelryinc.com are in Canadian dollars.